In this Policy, “Personal Information” means data that identifies an individual, or can do so in combination with other data. Personal Information is typically your name in combination with another identifier, such as date of birth, postal address, email address, telephone number, or government ID number. The statutory definition of Personal Information varies from one jurisdiction to another.
Personal Information does not include anonymous or aggregated data that can no longer be used to identify a specific person, even if combined with other data.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information directly from you pursuant to our legitimate interest in providing you with our products and/or services. When you create an account on the Site and/or purchase any of our products and/or services, we collect your name, state, city, zip code, email address, account username, and in some instances, the name of your company.
Use of Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for our legitimate interests in providing you our products and services, administering your account, confirming your identity, responding to your requests, personalizing your content, improving the operation of the Site, preventing fraud or other illegal activity, and analyzing how you use the Site.
We may also use your Personal Information to communicate with you about products and services we believe you might find of interest and to administer promotions in which you might participate.
Our employees and agents may view your Personal Information to perform their jobs and service your needs. We authorize access to your Personal Information to them on a need-to-know basis to provide you with our products or services, or for one of the other reasons listed in this section.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties that have products and/or services that we believe you may be interested in.
We may maintain your Personal Information on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
We process data, including Personal Information, in the United States. We do not transfer your Personal Information to another country absent the existence of adequate security and privacy controls. We transfer Personal Information to the United States consistent with the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not want your Personal Information to be transferred to the United States, do not visit the Site and do not provide any Personal Information.
Other Information We Collect
We may automatically gather other information when you browse or view the Site, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, browser version, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, the number of clicks on the Site and its components, whether you are a first-time or a returning user, links you clicked on while on the Site, and your flow and navigation path through the Site during your visit.
We use this information to make sure that the Site functions properly, to improve the Site and to learn more about our customers and how our customers use the Site.
In some of our email messages, you may find a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. We track this click-through data to help us determine your interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our member communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click such links in our email messages.
You may give consent for the Site to capture and record certain precise geo-location or global positioning data from your device in order to tailor information to your location. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of the Site. We will seek your consent before capturing this location data. You should be able to manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies, by adjusting your mobile device’s privacy and security settings.
We use technologies such as “cookies” so we can remember certain information about you, remember your preferences, or recognize you when you return. They also help us compile aggregate data about Site traffic and Site interaction so that we can improve the Site and protect the Site from fraud.
A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer. As text files, cookies cannot read information on your hard drive, run programs, or deliver viruses to your computer.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. You can set your browser to decline all cookies automatically or to prompt you for a response each time a cookie is offered. If you decline cookies, you may find that you cannot access or use some or all of the Site’s features.
We also use log files when you visit the Site. Log files track IP addresses, browser type, browser version, Internet Service Provider (ISP) identity, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks.
We utilize this information in our legitimate interest in administering the Site, preventing fraud, providing products and/or services to you, tracking website navigation in the aggregate, and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information, including the following rights:
- the right to “opt-out” of the sale of your personal information to any third parties;
- the right, with some exceptions, to have your personal information deleted from FSM’s possession or control; and
- the right to receive equal service and pricing from FSM even if you exercise any of your privacy rights.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any Site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com. Please be aware that such a request does guarantee removal of all the content you have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Children and Parental Consent
The Site is not directed to anyone under age 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. Anyone under 18 should not provide their Personal Information to us through the Site or in writing. If we learn that Personal Information belonging to anyone under the age of 18 is stored on the Site, we will immediately delete such information and refrain from using it for any purpose.
The Site does not target anyone under 18, and we hereby expressly prohibit anyone under 18 from registering with the Site. Certain features of the Site cannot function without us first having received Personal Information. As a result, anyone under 18 may not be able to access certain features.
Links to Other Websites
Visitors from the European Union
We are the data controller for any personal data obtained via the Site. We do not have a data protection officer in the EU. Any personal data that is obtained will be stored in the United States as explained above.
We will retain personal data for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained, or for seven (7) years from the date it was obtained or last updated, unless you request that information be deleted at an earlier date. If the personal data is subject to a litigation hold or is required to assert or defend a legal claim, we will hold the personal data until the claim or action is finally resolved.
- Right to be Informed. EU users have a right to know what personal data is collected about them, why, who is collecting personal data, how long personal data will be kept, how a complaint can be filed, and with whom personal data will be shared.
- Right of Access. EU users have a right to ask what personal data we have about you in our possession, and to obtain a copy of your personal data free of charge so long as it does not adversely affect the rights of others. We may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for additional copies.
- Right to Rectification. EU users have a right to request that we update or correct your personal information in our possession that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of Erasure. EU users have a right to request that personal data be deleted when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or processed, when you withdraw your consent, when data is unlawfully processed, when we have no reason to continue processing the data, or to comply with a legal obligation of the EU or a Member State.
- Right to Restrict Processing. EU users have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if the data is inaccurate, if the processing is unlawful but you do not want the data to be erased and request restriction, if we no longer need the data but you want the data to be preserved so a legal claim can be exercised, or if we are taking measures to verify a data erasure request.
- Right to Data Portability. EU users have a right to obtain their own personal data that they have previously provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. EU users can also request that their data be transferred directly to another organization.
- Right to Object to Processing. EU users have a right to object to processing personal data at any time. You can stop the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or for legitimate interest.
- Right to Avoid Automated Decision-Making. EU users have a right to not be subjected to decision making based solely on automated processing or profiling that either significantly affects you or results in a legal effect. This right does not apply to decisions that are necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you or are based on your explicit consent.
We maintain a variety of industry-standard security measures, including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. For instance, all data you provide us through the Site is encrypted at your browser and sent, via the internet, in an encrypted format. It is then decrypted at our server. Once we receive your Personal Information, it is only accessible to staff members authorized to access your account information and then, only to the extent necessary. No system can be completely secure, so we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend, or delete any Personal Information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, you may contact us at: Fort Scott Munitions, attention Privacy Agent, 12980 Metcalf, Ste. 180, Overland Park, KS 66213. Any such correspondence must include your contact information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing you with information or updating your information in our system.
Last Modified: 3/21/2022